Headphone amplifiers test from ears of a total beginner layman
- I went home and it was a bit late, but as we know, it's never too late to try it out in our system right away.
- I thought I'd test it temporarily in the music room and then, with the help of a media player + little outside dac, I put it back in the big house with them.
- There is a little precedent in this: when I ceased my cinema room and as a music room I got a device for all kinds of noise, in a small building, I thought it would be all right. If I want music, I'll go to my little "sanctuary," the H&K soundbar will provide the cinema and Spotify / Tidal music in the living room. This has been going on for a while, but I have often been banging on my beak, how good it would be to watch a movie that speaks in a quality way (and I don't bother anyone when I say a bang on my ear), or just relax after a busy day with some pleasant music. couch. I have resisted this, but somehow the temptation always comes. Right now with a very good Sennheiser HDVA600 amplifier + HD800 head. I asked a few people - more professional ones - what do they think of this couple, and they said almost unanimously if I wanted to do good with them for a while. I went to the forum fellow who I had bought before and had only quality and impeccable audio devices, which is important for me to make my decision. I looked, grabbed, listened, and had no question.
- Sometimes there are things that I have no idea about, but once they get involved. Such a lightning struck a couple of weeks ago: I need headphones!
Source: Audio PC (Ryzen, Passive Cooling, Analog Power, Heated Clock)
USB cable: AudioQuest Carbon
DAC+USB Bridge: Core Audio DENPO Ultimate Liquid
Links: Valhalla Aura V2/2 XLR
Amplifier: Sennheiser HDVA600
Headphone: Sennheiser HD800
I started listening and my feelings were mixed:
- a very nice character for me
- amazing details
- deep / medium / high tones were very same, I didn't feel anything overweight
- wherever I turned, I leaned, I was always in the ideal student position and this gives me great freedom
- space representation
- They came up with a lot of advice, but in the end we stayed in the whole package and got a lot of amplifier - lots of head music. Then the truth will be revealed (at least for me)
- No, but I did not carve me to leave it just so much :) I called some of my headset friends, tell me this or not, or seriously I have a problem with my hearing and I also sell hificuccom, rather leave with my family reap?!?
- In fact, I thought about the first block that I had the bibi and I had too many expectations, or my sources didn't work too well, maybe I made something wrong, etc. Even the thought that this headset was such a genre, and that is so, is good ... what was my problem with space representation? Listening to my normal music, I got used to the stereo space between my loudspeakers, sometimes slipping too little on them. Here, when I was listening, the right side was left and the left side went smoothly and nicely from both sides. The problem was that I imagined the center somehow virtual and then somewhere before my nose. On the other hand, in the middle of my forehead, he stood up from the right and left, not "forward" but upward. I have to add that it made it flawless, and the distances, instrumental sounds were all brilliant, but it was terribly disturbing to me.
After a couple of days of organization, the listener came together and set up the following devices:
Cambridge Audio StreamMagic 6
RIF Audio 24T tube DAC
+ Vibavoice Omega 500 Inlet straightening device
- BeyerDynamic A20 amplifier
- AVA HP01 tube amplifier
- LittleDot MkIV tube amplifier
- Pointe Personal tube amplifier
- STAX SRM1-Mkii amplifier
- Sennheiser HDVA600 amplifier
- Sennheiser HD800
- BeyerDynamic T1
- STAX SR 202
- STAX SR-1 (1962!!!)
Since there was a lot of variation and a lot of experience, I would like to highlight some pairing. It is not difficult for STAXs, because they can only be paired with each other, only compatible with themselves. I'm not going to get out of the technical structure and ports of the amplifiers, because I could write 30 pages, they would deserve a test separately.
Katie Melua : Piece by Piece
Melissa Menago : Hallelujah
Nirvana MTV Unplugged album néhány száma
Sennheiser HDVA600 + HD800 :
It brought the same qualities that the pair had produced for me. So it wasn't my source page's fault. The sound quality, the sound character I liked here, too, but the stereo space is not my world.
Sennheiser HDVA600 + BeyerDynamic T1:
Like the HD800, the HDVA600 produced the same, so I started to outline that I might have trouble with the HDVA600 amplifier and not with headphones. The T1's voice was cramped, more restrained at the HD800, less bass. The sound character liked it, but the space representation was just as problematic.
LittleDot MkIV + HD800 :
That was the point (dot, hehe) when I was a little shocked. With this amplifier, the Sennheiser HD-800 placed the space very nicely below my eyes, and LittleDot placed a small Chinese amplifier down and the HD-800 excelled it. The soundtrack and vocals of the singers were soft, warm, maybe somewhat overly lukewarm water - hot malt. But with this sound character, you can surely play with the tubes, refine and tune. Overall, I liked the production. What was shocked was that this difference was not heard by Sennheiser engineers? Didn't they bother to sing the singer on my forehead and not my eyes? Strange.
AVA HP01 + HD800 :
- Spatial representation, tone, and tonality were the most liked. The music was pleasant, long listened, I got all the details I wanted (these numbers have been listened to many times during the tests on larger systems, so I knew which parts I would be attentive to, whether it is accentuated, less pronounced, neadjisten not even hear). It was the sound that I couldn't really get involved with, I was totally captivated and I could listen to the music for a long time. Here I first noticed how HD-800 is a comfortable headset. It's more comfortable and can still be worn smoothly than the Beyer T1. What was extra compared to LittleDot is that the space depiction was even closer to my expectations, and I moved out of my two eyes in front of my nose in a normal speaker stereo system. It was very much inside me, and "this is !!" I exclaimed with my friend that I would have expected this from HDVA600.
POINTE Personal + HD800 :
- When we turned on this pairing, we immediately noticed that AVA had a cooler but more detailed sound character. Even so different, I placed the little Pointe amplifier on the same imaginary podium. The products of the manufacturer are in the small corner of my heart anyway, I also own the Pointe Sima Mkii amplifier, and they integrate with Exception many times in my hands, and I also got the Platinum for a longer test. Whichever one I would accept with my eyes closed, it would be excellent quality pieces. After the test, I called the Hungarian leader of the company why they don't have a headphone amplifier now. It was a very good and pleasant experience. The set of tubes is available, but not measured cheaply. You can also carve a lot of them by picking them, who needs it. Mostly, the Beyer T1's soundtrack was discovered with this pair, with more and more subtle details.
- Manufacturer's website: https://pointe.hu/regebbi-teremek/pointe-personal-csoves-fejhallgato-erosito/attachment/personal-001
- t was a special piece because it hasn't been produced for about 15 years
STAX SRM1 Mkii + STAX SR-1 :
- Another big headset friend told me not to forget we were people, blessed with different hearing aids, and who, for example, didn't put the stereo at all and heard music on headphones only on the right and left. I also thought that I might be here too. Fortunately, it was so bad in rehearsals. But turning back to STAX, there was a mock-up of space, there were no blizzards and deep groans, the drumsticks were not high, and the deep-mid-high ranges crossed each other nicely. I would like to make such sounds more than 50 years old J.If the whole avalanche has been launched by me in space, and I am focusing on my writing a bit, I have to mention STAX is perhaps the most excellent in this. The AVA placed the musical elements in the middle of the space in front of my nose and turned the space to my ears, while STAX ventured a little further. It may be a bit bad, but as if the "focal point" was half a meter in the middle of my head.
- His voice was strange at first. Good sense. I couldn't where to go, how to make this headset system a must. Will I be back here to see if the HDVA600's designers did not listen to the products of some other manufacturers? (but surely they were listened to, the question was poetic, just strange that they remained the final product)
- Previously, I didn't have much experience with STAX as a brand, I didn't really understand the cause of compatibility issues. Now looking at the connectors and operating principles, it has become clear: someone or STAX amplifier + STAX headphones will choose a pair or the rest. While for other brands - quite true because different resistances and impedances are there - manufacturers are relatively free to mix, but here the principle is either usual or escaping. This made me even more curious, because even when I bought the first apple gadgets around 2004, the "caste" thing got caught, of course, it wasn't such a big company, at least in Hungary. The same feeling was going around when trying out the head of STAX. Well done. If you choose to do this, you can buy and use everything at the same time, and then you don't know how to mix it with another and maybe you don't have to.
- That was the curiosity of the day for me. I was lucky to have more than 55 years old headphones in good condition. She was surprised that she had worked flawlessly after that time. This is a big slap in the face for today's electronics manufacturers (exceptions to the exceptions), so here the savings were not a primary consideration ... When this headset was made in focus, high-quality sound stood and durability. Both of them succeeded in Japanese engineers.
STAX SRM1 Mkii + STAX SR-202 :
- Maybe I would call the music I heard more sophisticated, the better it still has. Here's the past 50 years. A lower-end device from the same manufacturer already produces better than the old one. This is somewhere natural, I have no idea in any of its branches. The reproduction of the vocals is accurate, tight, high-pitched sounds are not sharp and painful, but there is the top where one would wait. The depths are gently, fast, not bumpy. The newer version I liked the old one better, but there are no big differences. His space representation is also similar to the other STAX, the space nuances have widened and the positioning of the individual musical instruments in the stereo space is more precise.
- I think that in my simple and lay way I have amassed the maximum for the selection of options. I was looking for the best of the bad - good - but I wanted to make up for the shortage that was behind the factory Sennheiser. Because of this, this evaluation is not a sort of technological sequence, but rather a reflection of my own preferences, which I personally felt.
- The HD-800 is sure to be a great headset with great capabilities. However, it needs to be equipped with the right electronics, so it comes out of it. In my opinion, HDVA600 is not suitable for this.
- If I had to set up an imaginary wittao order, it would look like this:
- AVA HP01 + HD-800 megosztva Pointe Personal + HD800
- STAX SRM1 + SR202 (nem sokkal lemaradva a fentiektől)
- AVA HP01 + Beyer T1
- I trust you have received valuable information. I would like to thank my friend Tonya for the opportunity to headphones!
- Finally, I decided to collect valuable experience, but I sell the Sennheiser pair and collect a better STAX system. The new ones are measured in pepper, so I have to throw a lot in the bush to get together!
- Another solution would be to sell the HDVA600 and HD800 and buy a STAX system. Since the newer low-end devices have almost provided me with what AVA or Pointe would do, I would give myself the advantage of getting a higher-end STAX system. It can be a deterrent, that is, if I want to give it later, it is not a simple amplifier and a plow (or more difficult for conventional systems).
- As a first option, I can buy an AVA HP01 or a Pointe Personal next to / on the HDVA600. The problem is that the newer AVA HP03 is not manufactured, and the Pointe Personal (maybe another series in 1-2 years who knows :)). I didn't want a third or fourth manufacturer to hunt. The tube sound really liked it. That would leave the market in use. Pointe is almost a white raven category, barely one to one year to find it and it has been a few hours left for people to hit it. I managed to negotiate with AVA manufacturer and she was very pleased with everything. He said he didn't produce amplifiers unfortunately, he'd have to make 6pcs at the same time as the old recipe. Using it to find it nowadays is also not easy, because it is a great product, not expensive, so who is a little stuck is not necessarily the first piece to get rid of. So I put down on both of them.
From the above list, I can see that I could have basically done two ways:
/ ωἰͳͳαμ /