USB P24 PCIe card
One of the most important part when you play music on your Music Server
Core Audio has already used USB cards from different manufacturers to build its own Music Server. Our users have used the CoreAudio Music Server products with great satisfaction.
On the other hand, our company has moved a lot of energy and resources, development reserves to the development and improvement of Core Audio Oscillator and CoreAudio power supply technology. We have now used this acquired knowledge and experience to develop our own USB card family.
We have come to the conclusion that several USB cards need to be developed depending on the applications. The goal was to integrate a quality of the audio output area (USB) in our devices which levels to our own values with other components in the Core Audio Music Server. Of course, the optional CoreAudio USB Cards can not only be integrated into the Core Audio Music Server, but customers can also integrate them into their own PCs.
The created Core Audio USB card family:
- Core Audio USB P24
- Core Audio USB P24 OCXO
Core Audio USB P24
Even the smallest member of the USB Card family includes, uses the power and oscillator technique of larger cards. It is designed to provide very good price / performance ratio on its own. However, you are also able to enhance your capabilities with additional external supports, such as external power or external clock. As a member of the P24 product family, the Core Audio USB P24 is also capable of receiving a higher level 24 MHz clock signal from our KARUNA P24 USB / SPDIF reclocker unit.
The output signal of the USB card is transferred to a DAC or DDC with USB input. In both cases, the following advances can be expected when playing audio materials:
- you can experience a noise-free, calm sound image thanks for the absence of a switching power supply,
- signal / noise ratio improves, so we can perceive new small details and musical information,
- spatial information is improved, stereo spatial representation is more precise, instrument separation becomes more accurate,
- the card is less sensitive to electromagnetic and radio frequency external influences due to EMI / RFI shielding.
The Core Audio USB P24 is optionally available with a linear power input; this way it can be connected to our Core Audio CAP-3 linear power supply in our product range. This allows for even greater improvement in audio reproduction.
The card operates autonomously without the use of an external clock input. The 24MHz reference clock input is an important option because the Core Audio KARUNA P24 DDC is able to send 2 reference levels of 24 MHz:
- one for Core Audio DENPO P24 DAC,
- the other for the Core Audio USB P24 card.
The signals are routed to the devices using a clock cable. The complete clock synchronization of the source devices represents a qualitative advance in music playback even at the level of the P24 system.
option is to take advantage of the 24MHz ClockIN port if the owner has a Core
Audio DAIDO Music Server equipped with a 24-25MHz reclocker. Inserting the
CoreAudio USB P24 card will synchronize the USB card with the rest of the PC
inside the device.
- 2pcs USB 3.0 ports
- Normal or low profile bracket
- Low profile bracket is without any port opens.
- Normal profile bracket can be order with additional options
- Clock IN 24 MHz clock signal input (the signal coming from KARUNA Reference USB/SPDIF Reclocker) OR
- DC IN 2.1mm socket (from the socket the 5VDC@1A current passes to the 4pins molex socket with UP-OCC solid wire) OR
- DC IN 2.5mm socket (from the socket the 5VDC@1A current passes to the 4pins molex socket with UP-OCC solid wire)
- 1pc 24MHz MMCX input on PCB (the external clock signal can connect to this socket)
- own developed 24 MHz onboard low phase noise (-105dB@10Hz) XO add the clock signal to the controller IC
- Renesas USB host controller IC
- PCIe card can connect to the motherboard's free PCIe x16 slot (the PCIe card can't take any current from the motherboard's PCIe slot)
- 4 layer, gold plated, double shielded PCB
- soldered with silver content material
- onboard LED signal feedback from clock's external lock and USB-port's optimal current
- For the normal operation the necessary burn-in time is about 100-150 working hours.
4pin amp pinout of plug (+5V and GND only):
P24 system with clock connection:
DAIDO music server with USB P24 card (24 MHz IN)
KARUNA P24 USB/SPDIF converter and reclocker AS MASTERCLOCK (24 MHz OUT)
DENPO P24 dac (24 MHz IN)